The Eyes Chico, They Never Lie.

14:14 Unknown 0 Comments





As you can clearly tell I have battered on about how much I love portrait tattoo's, if they are done correctly they are the most amazing pieces of art you will ever see on someone's skin. So I think it's only fair I show off my own ink and let people see how a portrait should be done correctly so that you wont be answering the question of "who is that" for the rest of your li
fe.

After I got my first sleeve done I immediately started looking at new ideas for tattoos, I wanted something different from my sleeve despite the fact I see my sleeve as something different from the rest. Never the less I wanted something I havent ever seen before or have rarely seen before. That was when I stumbled across Santa Kruz Kustom Clubs facebook page. Immediately I was amazed by the work of the owner and main artists Chris Meighan. The detail and realism in his work is absolutely astounding and it took me a mere few seconds to decide which artist would be doing my portrait

Ill admit at first I was pretty sceptical about getting someones face on myself but I see it as a tribute. This lead me to choose my favourite actor, the one and only Al Pacino, as Scarface. For those of you who have not seen the movie I would suggest you grab it on DVD immediately.

I've actually been told from Chris that people have booked into his studio upon seeing my tattoo and this is both humbling and amazing to see that I am inspiring people to get tattoos.

Check out Chris' work at the Santa Kruz Kustom Club facebook page !!!

After one meeting out at the parlor I immediately slapped down a deposit and the long wait begun. Once I was in on the day to get the piece compeleted I had never been this excited to get a tattoo, the full colour portrait was finished in 6 hours (full day) sitting and a few weeks later I went back for 2 hours to have the writing completed.

Since I wear shorts to work I still get loads of people who look at my leg in amazement and ask me who did my tattoo as they have never seen anything like it before, this is exactly what I love about body art and I personally hope I am showing off the beautiful side of tattoos.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: