Football tattoos

05:02 Unknown 0 Comments

There is a certain type of tattoo which has been subject to controversy for years now, mainly in Scotland and those are football tattoos. These types of tattoos could decide whether you get a job a or not, depending on their size, location and if they are offensive to others. Yet many people are still actively getting football tattoos every day.




Football tattoos are a sense of pride and brotherhood, as soon as you see another person with the same football tattoo as yourself you are instantly acquainted with each other, whether it be in a pub or down the beach on holiday, these tattoos seperate yourself from the other teams.

In Scotland the big two are Rangers and Celtic and over the years I have seen an incredible amount of tattoos on both sides. Being from a prodominately Rangers family I see my dad and my grandads Rangers tattoos daily and I can just tell that they dawn them with pride, whereas one of uncles is a Celtic fan, as everytime I see him it is hard to avoid the Celtic cross on his arm, but instantly you can distuingish  one side of my family from the other.

However these types of tattoos can land you in serious bother if spotted by the wrong person, with the religious problems in the west of Scotland you find of both sides that people dawn tattoos of that more than just football, more than pride. They wear tattoos that glorify Britain, they wear tattoos that glorify Ireland and the troubles between the two.

I cannot see these tattoos shying away any time soon, but as long as they are just taken as banter, then I see no reason as to why people cannot get these tattoos without landing themselves in trouble.

On a much lighter note I would have to say that my favourite football tattoo is the one of the manchester city champions league winners 2011. For those of you who do not know, a man prematurely got a tattoo to champion the fact that Man City had won the European cup in 2011, a trophy which they did not win and now this man has to dawn it every day. Its safe to say I think he will be getting laser treatment for this one.

PS.Whens the Jamie Vardy one going to appear ?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: