First Class

11:30 Unknown 0 Comments







All the time you see these amazing artists on TV, the biggest and best in the business, the tattooist for the celebrity. These people no doubt have absolutely amazing talent, but very seldom does the praise go to the local tattoo artist who works day in and day out to produce amazing pieces of work.

Today I will be giving some of that praise to the woman who designed my sleeve and someone I now consider a friend, tattoo artist Lesley Finnigan of Firstclass Ink, Springburn. In 2013 after a two year apprenticeship, Lesley took the tattooing scene and over the year I can say I have seen her business thrive and she now has an even bigger studio.

I actually first seen her work because of my dad, he got a sleeve done by Lesley and I was immediately amazed by her work, I knew after seeing her work I wanted her to complete my first sleeve. I must say she is very understanding is very free and creative about what you want, she isnt like one of these artists who will tell you its their way or no way and thats what I really liked about her.

My first session began on my forearm with a timepiece, skulls and a quote, I was beginning tattoo removal surgery so I had to start from the bottom-up. As soon as I left the studio I just wanted to go back in and sit down for more!! Her talent is incredible and she definitely has an amazing future as a tattoo artist. I then got roses round the rest of my forearm to create a gap for my Joker piece. I had to wait a while for my laser removal to heal before I could get anymore done.

Not after too long I was back in the studio to get a day of the dead girl just at the top of my arm and a skull with a rose in its mouth on my bicep, this was finished off with an all seeing eye with a skull in the pupil and some lovely smoke fillers.

My sleeve took about 6/7 months to complete and to this day it still amazes me when I look in the mirror, particulary my Heath Ledger as the Joker piece on my elbow!

If anyone out there is looking for a great quality, friendly and creative local artist, I urge you to check out Firstclass ink before you check out any where else, you wont be disappointed!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: